10 September 2008

Mis informed populus spreads 'Campaign of Lies'

Excerpt: "As the presidential campaign moves into a final, heated stretch, untrue accusations and rumors have started to swirl at a pace so quick that they become regarded as fact before they can be disproved..."

I wanted to share with you an article that I read on MSNBC this morning. (Article Here)

As you all know, I try to verify all of my 'Facts' before I present them here and I also try to distinguish between what is fact and what is my (or someone elses) opinion! With the vast amount of information being promulgated by both sides and their supporters it is virtually impossible for me, a 1 man team, to wholly verify everything that I see, and I know that I too have put forth some half truths and probably some flat mis-truths, and for those, I apologise, and if you see one, PLEASE bring it to my attention, with reference of course.

This article that I read this morning brings to light what we have all known for years. That politicians will be politicians and say whatever it takes to get elected! And that goes for ALL SIDES! I don't care if you are a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or some other obscure party. We are ALL 'Citizens' and thus we should all try to do our best to make an informed decision and VOTE based on that information! I have a list of 'Facts' to research about these candidates so long that it would take me until the next election to prove/discredit them all! And some of them are pretty stinging! I often will chose to put something out before it is completely verified dou to the relatively harmless magnatude of the claim should it be wrong. I also will often mark those items as not-quite-verified. Please, PLEASE, I implore you to do your own research! If you vote without the proper information you are dooming yourself to becoming a subject instead of a citizen. If you chose not to vote, you are already doomed! The only way that we can ensure the way of life that we have become accustomed to and feel that we deserve is to arm ourselve with knowledge and demand that our government listen to US! We are the Nation! We are the controllers of this government! Make sure that your voice is heard!

The bottom line is: VOTE!

No comments: